Monday, January 3, 2022

The Big Five Oh


2021.  What a year.

It's 6:27 am and I've been soaking in the sounds of shea shanties, OTR, and several other old friends.  All while sipping another old friend, coffee :)

And now we're here in 2022, with another milestone (birthday) right around the proverbial corner.

50.

I'm recovering from my second bout of COVID as I write this. I'd be okay if I never got this again.

At some point, I suppose, someone can explain to me how you can get a sickness after having the vaccine.

And while I do understand that the vaccine does reduce the symptom's havoc (I can attest to this), it doesn't make it any easier.  

But for now, I am grateful. Grateful to be alive.  Grateful that this time around there was no hospital beds, no "I can't breathe moments." And more importantly, no $10K hospital bills to contend with.

Grateful.

As I come up on the big 5-0, I've thought a lot about time.  Seems that with children and grandchildren and jobs and fun and family (whew!), it all starts to run together.  And I've found myself reflecting more, pausing, soaking it all in. Or at least trying to.

Pausing, giving God thanks because the childhood I endured has culminated in this beautiful orchestra I call today.  

Here. 

Now.

Love abounds and where love lives, so does grace.  And to be honest, I don't know that I could be any happier, or life be fuller than what it is right now.

50.

Wow.

Seeing God's goodness, I can't say I am surprised.  But you have to admit. 50 years isn't too shabby.

With those years comes lessons learned, memories made, and my fair share of regret.

But most of all, gratefulness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light Reading

  This is my view as of 3 am this morning :)  And to say I am enjoying it would be an understatement. I shouldn't be here, where I am in...