Saturday, September 26, 2020

Humbling Transformation

Multnomah Falls - 1919 postcard

I've seen quiet a few comparisons between the current Covid-19 and the Spanish flu.  Both were difficult times, both required the wearing of masks and both brought significant amounts of, well, uncertainty.

As of today, September 26th, there is no cure, no vaccine.  There are some medicines which can help treat it, but no vaccine yet, a point which will be made ad nauseum I'm sure in the upcoming November election.

But I digress.

For a couple of months, I've wanted to share what's happened to me spiritually as a result of COVID.  My previous post briefly spoke of hospital stays and sickness.  What happened next was nothing short of a miracle.

Prayers were lifted and praises echoed upon my return to home.  In fact, a spiritual revival had swept through my house in April.  It is now September, and the revival grows.  What began as a little study now has six of us who study the word, many times exegetically when not watching the next "Chosen" series episode (currently in season I, season II is almost funded).  A weekly English class has now born out of our study, first class was this past Tuesday and our current enrollment is now three :)

All I can say is that God worked a miracle in me.  He forever changed my heart to Him.  In 2018, He allowed me to see myself for who I really was, then allowed me through COVID to see what I could be in Him.  He took every selfish desire I had away, and replaced it with something better.  For years, I had (sometimes) patiently waited for the "go" signal - that moment when I knew that I can return to my studies, passionately studying his Word, and then share some of my findings with others.

I tried to do this on my own.  I knew it was my calling, and many a time I tried to force it.  Yet every one of my feeble attempts ended in failure, and eventually I gave up hope.  When God touched me, it was as a fire had been lit in my soul.

I could have never imagined it would be in Spanish though.  All I can say is that my weak attempts at Spanish is again a gift of God.  Our group is so very patient with me as I fight through newer words, and my girls graciously correct me when I mispronounce a word.

I deserve none of this to be sure, but I give my all, each day begging him to take control and work through me.  This little progress I've seen is enough to last me a lifetime of praise, yet I know there's more to come.

If you asked me how and why, I couldn't really say.  I do not have any answers other than God decided it was time.  I'd hoped for these moments all my life (His pursuit of me, not COVID), and now that they have come not only to me but to my family, I find myself eternally grateful.  I can truly say this happened in God's time, and He receives all praise.

My life is dedicated 100% to Him and forever will be.  Work has seen its challenging moments, but I truly believe God is preparing me for something.  If I'm wrong, it's fine by me.  I am happier now than I could have ever imagined and to see my family walk with me in this journey is truly mind-blowing. 

To Him, and only to Him, be praise and glory forever and ever.  

Amen.

Shalom Sabbat

2 comments:

Light Reading

  This is my view as of 3 am this morning :)  And to say I am enjoying it would be an understatement. I shouldn't be here, where I am in...