Sunday, September 1, 2019

Summer's Ending





Walking in the evening light, dark clouds rolling in . . . .

The humidity hangs thick in the air tonight

As the long summer comes to an end.

I walk the streets, through the stores,

looking at the final sales of summer.

Fall is coming, colder nights to hold

that very special someone closer.

Stop.

Breathe the moment in.  They go so fast.

Enjoy it.  Drink it in as you might a fine wine.

Summer is fading right before your eyes.

Mine was full of memories, many happy but a few of them not so.

Where did the time go?  Redeem it, lest you miss

the blessings right before you.

I close my eyes and reflect on these last three months

I am so blessed.

A new journey has begun, just in time for the best time of the year.

My old life has begun again,

and I am thrilled to be right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light Reading

  This is my view as of 3 am this morning :)  And to say I am enjoying it would be an understatement. I shouldn't be here, where I am in...