Saturday, August 17, 2024

I originally wrote this November 2023.  And forgot to publish it. But I wrote it in the moment, and so very glad I did.

Even had some pics to go with it.

I've been in the states less than 48 hours, and just want to remember.

The sounds of the birds chirping in the morning.

Walking from an air-conditioned room into extreme heat in another.

The joy of watching Esmeralda learning to walk. And the smile on Chivy's face as she held her, just like she's held so many babies in the family.

Karla. Perla. Sammy, Fernando. Jeniffer. Rubenia.  And I'm sure more.

Papito coming down for breakfast.  Taking me to see his friends, giving the gringo a few minutes in the shade, traveling the streets of Tixkokob.

the man selling breads that i didn't have cash to buy.

Marian's sweet voice and horror at the picture i took of her eating.  and the good-natured teasing she endured from her friends.

It was a great trip.
 

Thank you God.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I originally wrote this November 2023.  And forgot to publish it. But I wrote it in the moment, and so very glad I did. Even had some pics t...